Specific Aims and Tasks
- Coordinate scientific goals, priorities, and ongoing interactions between cores and scientific projects.
- Assure compliance with regulatory approvals and safety protocols.
- Assess and review the quality and efficiency of the cores and projects.
- Monitor overall budget and annual reallocation as agreed by the executive and steering committees.
- Oversee monthly progress reviews.
- Organize annual expert workshops on special topics in SUDEP research.
- Organize, review and award annual pilot and feasibility RFAs.
- Co-sponsor research opportunities for young investigators in basic and clinical SUDEP research.
- Liaise with other NIH initiatives and advocacy support groups in SUDEP, SIDS, SADS, and SUDY.